With summer just around the corner, nothing hits the spot more than a cold, sweet ice cream cone. Or so you thought, until you realize that ice cream cone is actually a cupcake! (but with a mouth full of our delicious frosting, you don't really care) Available in lemon and mint chocolate chip!
We used the following recipes
Smooch Gummy Candy Cupcake
Tiny Christmas Tree Cupcake
for our cupcake batter. It's a really versatile and useful recipe.
Ice Cream Cone Cake
1. Preheat oven to 160℃ (320°F).
2. Put two room temperature eggs into a mixing bowl and beat with a whisk or mixer until frothy.
3. Gradually add in 60g of powdered sugar into bowl, mixing continuously until thick.
4. Gradually sift in 60g of flour and mix with a rubber spatula.
5. Mix in 15g of melted butter.
6. Pour batter into ice cream cones and bake for 15 minutes.
*Check if the cake is done by inserting a toothpick in the center. If it comes out clean, it's done!
Ice Cream Frosting (Makes 3~4 scoops)
1. Make meringue by adding 10g granulated sugar to 50g of egg whites and beat on medium speed until soft peaks form.
2. In a pot, add 70g granulate sugar, 20ml water and set to medium, heating until it forms a thin syrup.
3. Gradually add syrup from 2 to the meringue and beat on medium speed until stiff peaks form.
4. In a separate bowl, mix 200g room-temperature, unsalted butter into a cream, add in 1/3 of the meringue and mix in with a rubber spatula.
5. Gradually add the rest of the meringue and mix well until soft.
6. Add color to the butter cream. To make the lemon ice cream frosting, use yellow food coloring and lemon peel. To make the mint chocolate, use green food coloring and add chocolate chips.
7. Scoop frosting onto ice cream cone cakes and you're done!
Use any leftover butter cream on your pancakes! So delicious!
Follow us On :