If you suffer from foot odor or smelly feet, known as bromhidrosis, it can be a really embarrassing problem.
This happens when you sweat while wearing shoes and socks. The sweat has nowhere to go and sticks to your feet, leaving a bad smell.
Luckily, there are many natural things you can try to get rid of the bad odor. In order for them to work, you’ll have to do them a lot for a certain amount of time. Many of them will work in one week.
One idea is to try talcum powder on your feet, since that will help kill the bacteria and remove the smell. If you don’t have talcum powder you can try putting a good antiperspirant on your feet to keep them dry for longer.
Here are a few simple ideas to get rid of that bad odor:
The first thing you can try is baking soda. This will help to kill the bacteria on your feet.
How do you do this?
• Put some baking soda in warm water (one tablespoon baking soda for every quart of water) and soak your feet in it for15- 20 minutes every night for 1 week.
• Sprinkle baking soda in your shoes and socks before wearing them.
Lavender oil smells good and helps kill bacteria. It also has fights fungus, and treats foot odor.
• Pour a few drops of lavender essential oil in warm water
• Soak your feet in it for 15- 20 minutes
• Do this two times a day for a few days.
Because alum powder is sharp and kills germs it stops the smelly bacteria from growing.
• Put one teaspoon alum powder into one cup of warm water.
• Wash your feet with the mixture.
• Wait 15- 20 minutes and then dry your feet and sprinkle more alum powder on them.
• Do this once a day.
Epsom salt stops feet from smelling by fighting the bad bacteria. Soaking your feet in Epsom salt will also soothe aching feet.
• Take half a bucket of warm water, and pour in two teaspoons of Epsom salt.
• Soak your feet in the mixture for 10 – 15 minutes.
It’s best to do this right before bed, so that you don’t have to put socks and shoes on for a few hours, giving your feet a break.
Black tea has tannic acid that helps kill the bacteria that make feet smell. It also stops feet from sweating, which is how they get the bad odor.
• Boil two black tea bags in three cups of hot water. To make sure the mix is not too hot, add half a bucket of warm water.
• Soak your feet in it for 15- 20 minutes.
• Do this every day for one week.
Because vinegar has acid, bacteria cannot live in it, making it a great idea for getting rid of smelly feet. Any kind of vinegar will work for this, with apple cider vinegar working really well.
• Make a mixture of half a cup of vinegar and six to eight cups of hot water.
• Soak your feet in it for 10- 15 minutes.
• Wash your feet very well with soap to get rid of the vinegar smell.
Borax also kills bacteria that give the feet a bad smell.
• Mix a half cup of borax and a half cup of vinegar in two cups of water. Use it to spray the inside of your shoes.
• Another thing you can do is dust the inside of your shoes with borax powder before putting them on.
These are a few good ways to stop your feet from smelling. Keep on trying them until you find the one that works for you.
If you like the video, give it a thumbs†up and share it with your friends!
If you want more recipes and tips, subscribe to the channel!
The materials and the information contained on Natural Cures channel are provided for general and educational purposes only and do not constitute any legal, medical or other professional advice on any subject matter. None of the information on our videos is a substitute for a diagnosis and treatment by your health professional. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new diet or treatment and with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. If you have or suspect that you have a medical problem, promptly contact your health care provider
Follow us On :