Straight hair is hard to get, especially when it has a mind of its own. There are options like going to a hair dresser, using chemicals, or a flat iron to straighten it, but all of these fry the hair and break it, making it brittle and dry.
Here is a recipe for a cream that will not only straighten hair, but will also keep it healthy and make it stronger.
All of the ingredients for which, can be found in most kitchens.
The ingredients for this recipe are:
- Coconut oil - Lemon - Olive oil - Cornstarch
All of these ingredients have properties that help to keep hair from drying out, and control extra frizz and curls.
It won’t work as fast as chemical treatments, but after several uses the difference can be both seen and felt.
The olive oil and lemon work together to make the hair roots stronger. They also make it less likely for hair loss to be suffered.
These two ingredients are not meant for straightening the hair.
They are included in this recipe to make hair silkier and easier to manage, while making it stronger.
The olive oil also helps to protect hair from being damaged when a curling or flat iron are used.
The purpose of the cornstarch is to get rid of static frizz and fly-aways.
And finally, the coconut oil is the ingredient that does the actual straightening of the hair.
All four of these ingredients combined give a natural, healthy, strengthening cream for hair. Before mixing the recipe, however, make sure that the ingredients are organic.
The chemicals from non-organic ingredients can damage hair, making this cream fairly useless.
- 1 cup of coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil - Juice of one lemon - 3 tablespoons of cornstarch
1. The coconut oil is best made straight from the coconut, so buy some organic coconuts for this recipe. To make the oil take the white pulp out of the nut and put it through the blender with one cup of cold water.
2. Use a sieve to pour the liquid through to strain out any lumps. The liquid is used for this recipe and the pulp can be saved for something else.
3. Put the lemon juice, olive oil, cornstarch, and coconut oil into the top half of a double boiler (one pot set on top of another, with the bottom half containing water for heating).
4. Setting the pot on low-to-medium heat let the mixture warm for a couple of minutes until it becomes creamy.
5. Remove the pot from heat and allow it to cool for several minutes before pouring it into a glass jar for storing.
6. Let it sit for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour before using.
To apply the cream, use the following steps:
- Wet the hair and wring out any excess water - Take approximately 3-4 tablespoons of the cream and massage it through both hair and scalp - Once the cream is applied, cover the head with a plastic cap and leave it in place for 45 minutes - A warm towel can also be wrapped around the head to help the cream soak in - Once the 45 minutes are up, rinse the hair thoroughly and brush it straight while it is still wet - Do this at least three times per week
If you like the video, give it a thumbs up and share it with your friends!
The materials and the information contained on Natural Cures channel are provided for general and educational purposes only and do not constitute any legal, medical or other professional advice on any subject matter. None of the information on our videos is a substitute for a diagnosis and treatment by your health professional. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new diet or treatment and with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. If you have or suspect that you have a medical problem, promptly contact your health care provider.
Follow us On :