When a diamondback rattlesnake got too close to Molly DeLuca and her grandma, their German shepherd Haus jumped in to save them and got bitten three times.
A heroic dog that likely saved a little girl's life is now getting a little help himself.
Haus, a 2-year-old German Shepherd, jumped in between Molly DeLuca, 7, and a diamondback rattlesnake earlier this week, suffering multiple bites.
Now, more than a thousand people from all over the world have come to his rescue through a GoFundMe page that has raised more than $47,000 to pay for his vet bills.
Donya DeLuca said her daughter and her grandmother were in their backyard when their German Shepherd sprung into action. He didn’t back down even though the snake kept biting him. Doctors discovered three bites.
“There's no doubt he was protecting our family,” DeLuca said.
Haus has been hospitalized since Wednesday. Veterinarians at BluePearl Veterinary hospital in Tampa said there's so much venom in his system that he needs a steady drip of antivenin. Without it, the dog would have died within hours.
Follow us On :